Community Directory

Welcome to the Bris West Connection Community Directory!

Access Community Directory
Resources

Who is Bris West Connect for?

Bris West Connect is a free service to the all members of the community, focusing on places and groups in the western suburbs of Brisbane and can benefit those who:

• are new to the area
  • have lost touch with friends and/or family
  • experience barriers to getting out and about
  • feel nervous meeting new people
  • May not be aware of what types of activities are available in their area
  • are experiencing social isolation and loneliness

Even if you do not not fall into the any of the above categories, the community directory can be of use just to find out where the nearest cinema (or library, or other place) is located.

Blog

• Connecting with the Indooroopilly Activity Centre

I had a meeting at the Indooroopilly Activity Centre on Friday to talk about Bris West Connect. (For those who don’t know, the Indooroopilly Activity Centre is across the road from Indooroopilly Shopping Centre going towards Maccas (and part of Keating park).) I arrived about 18 minutes early at the community centre and the door […]

Read More

• Reflection of time spent in Isolation

By Tim Coates This might seem like an odd topic to write about and I hope by the end, there is a little understanding for what i was/am trying to achieve here. Last Monday, after arriving home I did a RAT (test) and the result was positive. My daughter also did the same as was […]

Read More

• Introducing Bris West Connect

About Loneliness Loneliness existed before the pandemic started, yet I feel it took the pandemic to bring this issue into focus. Many experts and researchers recognise that social connections are necessary for our mental and physical health and well-being. It is considered that social isolation and loneliness are important yet neglected social determinants of the […]

Read More